Top 5 Celebrity Bikini Looks for Spring/Summer: See How Rihanna, Jessica Alba, Kristen Bell Rock Their Sexy Beach Styles
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE THE LATEST NEWS FROM FASHION&STYLE
Now that spring is here, you're probably busy getting your body bikini-ready. However, buying a bikini is like buying a pair of jeans-you really have to try on a whole lot to find one that fits you well. Here are a few ideas about buying a bikini this year:
1. Basic Black: A basic black bikini works on any skin tone; it's like the LBD or the little black dress. You can go with a string bikini version if you dare, such as this one worn by Courteney Cox or something with a little more coverage like this version worn by Julia Roberts. Either way, you can never really go wrong with a black bikini.
2. Basic White: Just as the LWD (the little white dress) is replacing the LBD (the little black dress), the basic white bikini is becoming almost as popular as the basic black one. White looks great if you have tanned skin but might make you look a bit washed out if you haven't been out in the sun at all. Check out Rihanna's stunning white bikini.
3. Floral Bikini: If you're into tropical prints, a floral bikini is a great idea, such as this one worn by Kristen Bell. Bright colors always make you stand out wherever you go, and you're sure to get a lot of compliments with a floral bikini. If you're looking for a particularly feminine version, check out this white bikini with floral cutouts worn by Maria Menounos.
4. Mix and Match Bikini: These days, the trend is going away from monochromatic bikinis and is more towards mix and match bikinis. If you dare, you can wear two different prints on top and bottom, but it's easier to match a print with a solid, like Jessica Alba.
5. Bikini Wraps: You can wear a simple sarong over a bikini, which never goes out of style. Check out Katharine McPhee's elegant printed sarong over a striped bikini. A long printed skirt worn low on the waist such as Gwen Stefani's is fun and comfortable while a full-sleeved, full-length cover up like Olivia Munn's is sexy when you leave the front open.
So keep working on that bikini body, but don't forget to make some time to buy a bikini this year, using the above suggestions.© 2013 Fashion & Style.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Apr 09, 2013 03:05 PM EDT