By Kadia Blagrove , FashionnStyle Reporter | Aug 14, 2012 03:50 PM EDT
Helen Gurley Brown was a pioneer for the powerful woman who takes her life and her sexual prowess into her own hands. The legendary editor passed away Monday at 90 years old. Her gutsy advice and frank discussions of sex made her one of the most controversial writers of all time. She started her career at a time when women were assumed to get married and pregnant by at least age 20. Brown was the one to glorify all the single ladies. With her punchy lines came memorable and inspiring quotes that live on forever.
Like Us on Facebook
Take a look at the top 10 words of wisdom by Ms. Brown.
1. "Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere."
2. "Beauty can't amuse you, but brainwork-reading, writing, thinking-can."
3. "My success was not based so much on any great intelligence but on great common sense."
4. "Never fail to know that if you are doing all the talking, you are boring somebody."
5. "Nearly every glamorous, wealthy, successful career woman you might envy now started out as some kind of schlepp."
6. "If you're not a sex object, you're in trouble."
7. "A man likes to sleep with a brainy girl. She's a challenge. If he makes good with her, he figures he must be good himself."
8. "Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort."
9. "Feeling insecure is good for you. It forces you to do something better, use all your talents."
10. "You can have your titular recognition. I'll take money and power."
Sometimes 10 just isn't enough. Here's a bonus quote from the lips of the legendary Cosmo Girl.
"Don't use men to get what you want in life. Get it for yourself."
Want vintage dating advice? Maybe some tips still apply today, like telling your mister that you have a wig on before you do the act. Check it out below.
© 2013 Fashion & Style.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Photos of Marilyn Monroe have been stolen in advance of a new exhibition in Prague, reports say.
Farrah Abraham is riding high after news that she has a new show coming out soon amid her sex tape video exposure with James Deen.
Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch are unfriendly to the disabled, a federal judge said.
New photos and video emerge for the upcoming "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" movie coming out in 2014. [TRAILER, COSTUME]
© 2013 FASHION&STYLE. All Rights Reserved.