Figuring out a hairstyle that looks good in the summer heat is difficult. A great style to try when the weather is warm and sticky is the high bun.
Hair in a bun could be worn as messy and neat as you like. Even celebrities have been showing off the advantages of a high bun and its versatility. For instance, Julianne Hough recently wore a high bun to the A-list premiere of her new movie "Rock of Ages" on June 8 (above), while Miley Cyrus has been pretty much rocking the high bun all around town in casual outfits, like she did June 4 (below).
Like Us on Facebook
Achieving the high bun is actually quite simple. According to a great recent tutorial on the website Bare intimates, all you need is some Kenra Perfect Medium Spray, 10 oz, or any hair spray of your choosing, bobby pins, a hair tie and a teasing brush. The bun also works best on hair that is not freshly washed so it has the right texture to hold the style.
Here are the instructions from Erinn of Bare intimates:
1. Start pulling your hair towards the top of your head. To create the high bun hairstyle, you'll want to pull pretty tightly to smooth out the bumps.
2. Tie your hair down with a pony tail hair tie. Double up if you are going to be wearing this all day long.
3. Pull sections of your pony tail and tease lightly. The point of teasing is to make your bun look thicker and wider than it normally would.
4. Twist your pony tail and start to pull your hair around in a circle, the center being the beginning of your pony tail.
5. Pick up your first bobby pin. Tightly secure the first bobby pin where the end of your pony tail is ended.
6. Start pinning the rest. To secure your high bun, pin along the base of your bun.
© 2013 Fashion & Style.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Sushmita Sen and her two daughters were recently spotted at the airport, returning from London, as per IBNLive.
Dj Ashba of Guns N’ Roses recently spoke to Joey Irsik of InTheNow Magazine about how much he loves working with Axl Rose, upcoming Guns N’ Roses performances and possible new music.
'Anchorman 2' trailer, preview and release date of the anticipated Will Ferrell sequel.
It looks like it's going to be the battle of vampires at the Teen Choice Awards 2013 as the first wave of nominees were announced.
© 2013 FASHION&STYLE. All Rights Reserved.